Kaba and BeHome247 today announce a collaboration that joins the market-leading strengths of each company to offeran integrated home management solution for property managers active in the vacation rental market.
For more than 10 years, Kaba Oracode keyless door locks have facilitated the remote management of access to vacation rental properties through an easy-to-use and secure web-based solution that issues time-sensitive codes for guests, staff and vendors, and eliminates the need to distribute keys or keycards. Oracode, through its state-of-the-art technology, is a pioneer in addressing common challenges facing property managers–security while dealing with guests, housekeepers and service personnel, owner and guest satisfaction, and the need to keep expenses in check.
BeHome247 software has remotely controlled automated homes since 2006. Its Enterprise Property Control ™ is the Preferred Home Automation & Energy Control System of HomeAway Software™. Enterprise Property Controlprovides customers the ability to monitor and control their portfolio of properties with an elegant, scalable solution that ensures secure access and optimizes energy efficiency. BeHome247 empowers property managers, owners and guests to control door locks, thermostats, pool systems, and many other compatible sensors – all from a tablet, smartphone or PC/Mac.
“Partnering with BeHome247 is a natural extension for Kaba to provide best-in-class service to our growing base of vacation rental customers,” says Stephen Pollack, vice president of marketing for Kaba. “To be able to include the Oracode application on the BeHome247 dashboard and mobile application is a major step forward in the convenience of generating and managing lock user codes.”
“When discussing the potential for this collaboration, it was apparent that BeHome247 and Kaba shared the same vision with respect to the property management community,” says Michael Walther, CEO of Behome247. “As the premier commercial grade lock available, Kaba provides access to guests in a secure and convenient manner, while BeHome247 alerts the owner when conditions within the property have changed. Now, managing these activities is accomplished from a single, integrated solution.”
For our customers, here’s what this news means:
- Kaba will sell and support its locks and BeHome247 will sell and support compatible software.
- BeHome247 will continue to sell Yale locks but will give customers an option with Kaba.
- Kaba’s Oracode standalone locks will be supported within BeHome247’s software dashboard. Since those are non-communicating locks, this support will be limited to generating passcodes and displaying passcodes. It allows customers with a mixture of Kaba and Yale locks to have a complete view of all their properties. This capability is being demonstrated today at HomeAway’s RezFest in Nashville and will be released in the near future.
- Oracode’s new Live Lock will soon be supported with a real-time connection to BeHome247’s in-home Controller.
- This collaboration with Kaba shows BeHome247’s commitment to work with industry leaders and to stay abreast of their newest technologies.
<image from Kaba website>